Primavera P6 is the most comprehensive & powerful software for Project Management, Product Management. It can be integrated easily with other software like Oracle & SAP-ERP.
Primavera was named as it was launched in 1983 by Primavera Systems Inc., which later was acquired by Oracle Corporation in 2008.
Oracle Primavera P6 Versions | EPPM & PPM
There are two versions of Primavera P6;
- Professional Project Management – PPM
It’s a stand-alone and not a web-based. The only user can use where it is installed on. It can handle up to 1,00,000 activities. This is also known as traditional Primavera P6.
- Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (EPPM)
This is 100% web-based. This is used to manage large scale projects and can manage multiple projects at once.
You only need the internet to access it from anywhere. You can share data easily to your stakeholders like Charts, charts, tables etc. and the best part is they need not download this application on their computer.
Note: You can download Primavera P6 | free & a legal copy
Why Oracle Primavera P6?
Primavera P6 does a lot instead of only Scheduling as many of us think like. Oracle Primavera P6 has the following features which signify its importance in the market;
- Scheduling – It helps the project managers to define their path to control time and project budget efficiently.
- Risk Analysis & Opportunity Management – Oracle Primavera P6 is supportive in a great deal to help the project manager to analyze the set baseline that dynamically identifies threats & opportunities when it tracked and updated periodically.
- Resource Management – One of the best parts is that it helps to generate verity of reports for resource management. Primavera P6 took all the pain of a project manager as resourcing needs a lot of calculations on a daily basis.
EPPM users can get better visualization reports directly although PPM users can use a third-party application like MS Excel to make it better in look.
System Requirement | Machine & Operating Systems
It can be installed easily on MacBook, Microsoft Windows, etc without any hassle. But if you are EPPM user then only internet access is required as for EPPM there is no need for any installation. EPPM is a web-based cloud hosted program.
Construction Scheduling Software
There are a number of scheduling software in the market that claims for their better efficiency but major competitors are Asta Powerproject, Tilos, MS Projects. But every other has its own limitations like MS Project cannot deal with more than 11 baselines & its very slow in use but its visualization is far better than PPM. Tilos is for linear projects only like roads, railways, etc. I have never used Asta Powerproject and hence cannot say anything on it but rear their claims as it is comparable to Primavera P6.
Primavera P6 is best tools around in the market as it is more powerful & can-do complex calculations in no time accurately. A little trained staff can do wonders.
You can get a free and legal copy of Primavera Professional by following below link easily…